Friday, July 27, 2012

Finally got my authenticated teaching license and college degree back and uploaded on the 12th of this month! Now its time to sit and...wait...not my favorite thing to do! I know I'm not in the first batch of 200 to leave Aug.6-11. The not knowing dates is the hard part because 1/2 me knows i need to pack, store, sell and the other 1/2 doesn't want to get it done. One of my worries is getting through the immagration/visa dept. in the UAE.
My house is 1/2 packed, haven't sold my Nitro yet, but i did sell my couch set and washer n dryer! I have been trying to spend as much time as possible with my fuzzy butt dog and my kitties. I wont be taking them because it will cost too much to fly them and they're old and i don't want them on a 17 hr. or more flight.
 I've been asked why i decided to go on this big adventure. Well, I applied thinking that I would never get the job. When I walked out of the interview in N.Y., I was dazed that I DID get the job! Then I started thinking of the money I could save for a retirement nest egg. (Yes, I still have my retirement coming from Texas.) I also thought about all the travel possibilities and other adventures like sand surfing or riding a camel and camping in the desert...

more thoughts later....

No comments:

Post a Comment