Saturday, September 8, 2012

ok, obesrvations and funny things so far:
1. when i first arrived at the hotel, i'm in the dark fumbling for the light switch- I found the shower instead...
2. i realized since you cant really have anything above your ankle showing, I cant really hike my skirt to my knee to get a taxi to stop...
3. never tell a taxi driver here to go back to the hotel the fastest way possible cuz they turn into a speed demon and you're plastered to the sides of the cab...
4. some taxi drivers are friendly and will tell you things about the city and some are Zombie drivers and wont speak or will just grunt...
5. calling a laundry service: if they don't understand English, they will hang up on you...grit your teeth and think no problem! So  I got a taxi and took my clothes to the cleaners. Then I walked to a Dunkin Donuts; took my life into my hands, crossed the busy street and started walking down the street and a taxi honked @ me so I hopped in to go back to the hotel. I would've walked back...
6. school starts tomorrow and my class is not decorated; the cafeteria hasn't gotten any snacks for the kids so we will probably get out @ 11 or 12...
This has been a great adventure so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment